Greetings, Arsians! The Dealmaster is back with another round of deals to share. Today’s list is headlined by a nice discount on Anker’s PowerLine II USB-C to Lightning cable, the three-foot variant of which is down to $11.99 at Amazon when you use the code “ANPL2CL3” at checkout. This cable dropped about 50 cents lower during a one-day lightning deal last month, but otherwise this price is tied for the lowest we’ve seen. It normally retails for $18. If you want a longer cable, meanwhile, the six-foot variant is down to $15.99 with the code “ANPL2CL6”. That’s tied for an all-time low from its usual price of $20.
Either way, these kind of USB-C to Lightning cables are what you’ll need to take advantage of the fast-charging capabilities of newer iPhones and iPads. While
there are rumors that Apple may include such cables and USB-C chargers in the box with its forthcoming iPhones, currently it requires iOS users to buy these accessories separately. The company sells three-foot and six-foot cables for $19 and $35, respectively, so you currently save a good chunk of change by going third-party.
Crucially, these Anker cables are also MFi-certified by Apple to work safely with iPhones and iPads. The Dealmaster has actually had the six-foot version on hand for the past few months and hasn’t had any issues with durability or fraying. In fact, the rubberized housing around the cable is thicker than that of Apple’s own cables, and if something does go wrong, Anker says the product is covered by a lifetime warranty. Just remember that you’ll need an appropriate USB-C charger to actually get these faster charges, one with that supplies at least 18W for a newer iPhone or at least 29W for a newer iPad Pro—Anker’s own PowerPort Speed PD 30 is a good USB-IF certified choice, but there are plenty of others as well.
If you don’t need any new charging gear, this week we also have deals on GPS + Cellular versions of the Apple Watch Series 3, new Vizio 4K TVs, a solid Xbox One S bundle, Bose audio gear, and much more. Have a look at the full rundown for yourself below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Table of Contents
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Dell Vostro 5481 laptop – Intel Core i7-8565U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD, GeForce MX130 for $599 at Dell (use code: BIZLT599 – normally $949).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (7th-gen) laptop – Intel Core i5-8265U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $1,148.95 at Lenovo (use code: THINKBIGSALE – normally $1,599.99).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (4th gen) 2-in-1 laptop – Intel Core i5-8265U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $1,253.45 at Lenovo (use code: THINKBIGSALE – normally $1,749.99).
- Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2019) laptop – Intel Core i9-9880H, 15.4-inch 2880×1800, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560X for $2,499.99 at Amazon (normally $2,699.99).
- Microsoft Surface Laptop – Intel Core i7-7660U, 13.3-inch 2256×1504, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $899.99 at Newegg (normally $1,199.99).
Video game deals
TV and home entertainment deals
- Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm, GPS + Cellular) for $229 at Walmart (normally $299.99).
- Apple Watch Series 3 (42mm, GPS + Cellular) for $259 at Walmart (normally $329.99).
- Apple Watch Series 4 (40mm, GPS) for $349 at Amazon (normally $399).
- 10.5-inch Apple iPad Air (256GB) for $599 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $629).
- 9.7-inch Apple iPad (128GB) for $329 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $399).
- Google Pixel 3 (64GB, unlocked) for $499.99 at Amazon and Google Store (normally $699.99).
- Google Pixel 3 XL (64GB, unlocked) for $599.99 at Amazon and Google Store (normally $799.99).
- Philips Wake-Up Light (HF3520) alarm clock for $75 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $104.99).
- Aukey DR02 dash cam – 1080p, 170-degree for $49.69 at Amazon (use code: VQ2A8HNE – normally $69.99).
- WD Blue (2TB) internal SATA SSD for $199.99 at Newegg (use code: EMCTDUV28 – normally $229.99).
- Garmin Vivosmart 4 fitness tracker for $99.99 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $129.99).
- Netgear Arlo Q (2-pack) wired indoor security camera – 1080p for $227.99 at Amazon (normally $269.99).
- Ecobee 4 (2-pack) smart thermostat for $299 at Home Depot (normally $399.99).
- Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB USB turntable for $229 at Amazon (normally $299).
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 dock – 2x Thunderbolt 3, 5x USB-A, 2x USB-C, 1x UHS-II SD, 1x DisplayPort for $249.95 at Apple (normally $309).
- SteelSeries QcK mouse pad – XXL, Thick for $19.99 at Amazon (normally $29.99).
- Anker PowerLine II USB-C to Lightning Cable (3ft) – MFi certified for $11.99 at Amazon (use code: ANPL2CL3 – normally $17.99).
- Anker Powerline II USB-C to Lightning cable (6ft) – MFi-certified for $15.99 at Amazon (use code: ANPL2CL6 – normally $19.99).
- Anker Alkaline AAA batteries (48-pack) for $11.99 at Amazon (clip 20% coupon – normally $18.99).
- Anker PowerDrive 2 USB car charger – 24W, 2x USB-A for $7.19 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon – normally $9.99).
- Anker PowerCore 10000 PD portable battery – 10,000 mAh, 28W, 18W USB-C PD for $29.99 at Amazon (use code: ANKERPD335 – normally $45.99).
- Anker Roav SmartCharge F0 Bluetooth FM transmitter and car charger – 2x USB-A for $11.79 at Amazon (clip $2 coupon – normally $16.99).
- SanDisk Extreme Plus (128GB, 2-pack) microSDXC card for $39.99 at Costco (normally $84.99).